Credit Unions – Inspiring Hope for A Global Community
On October 15, 2020, Life Credit Union will join with 86,000 credit unions around the world in celebration of International Credit Union (ICU) Day®. There are 274+ million credit union members worldwide—more than 100 million in the U.S. alone—and Life Credit Union joins in honoring the not-for-profit cooperative spirit that all credit unions share.
Life CU celebrates this day each year by launching our annual calendar giveaway, an appreciation gift to our members that make Life Credit Union what it is today. We say, “Thank You!”
Ways to Celebrate:
- Stop by for a small treat, pick up your 2021 calendar and get some financial tips at our mini Financial Wellness Fair (socially distanced, of course).
- Enter our drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. Email your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the drawing to be held at noon on Monday, Oct. 19th.
- Check out our latest and FREE Financial Wellness webinars!
- Share the hope by encouraging a coworker or family to join Life CU during our Membership Referral Drive.
- Plus, enjoy this coloring page to share with kids or kids at heart!
Let’s inspire hope together!
About International Credit Union Day
Each year we come together to celebrate International Credit Union Day (ICU Day) to raise awareness about what it means for members around the world to have a credit union as their financial partner. This year’s global health crisis has been trying for many communities around the world, but credit unions continue to stay true to their cooperative principles of “people helping people.” Standing together in times of economic uncertainty brings hope. Hope is a global resource that everyone has a right to feel and experience. This year’s ICU Day theme “Inspiring hope for a global community” reflects how credit unions work together to contribute to a brighter future by providing financial empowerment to people all over the world through financial services, education and support.
This spirit of financial cooperation has led to life-changing opportunities for people all over the world who’ve wanted to own a home, continue their education, or build their credit, but were denied access to other financial institutions. In many parts of the world, people’s first taste of democracy is through their credit union, where “one member, one vote” is the governing structure.
In a simplified definition, a credit union is people pooling their money together to provide each other with affordable loans—it is literally people helping people. This is why Life Credit Union celebrates ICU Day. Because credit unions empower people, wherever they are in the world or life, to take control of their financial future.
Let’s celebrate together what credit unions do locally and throughout the world.