The Debbie Jones Memorial Scholarship
Life Credit Union is pleased to again offer the Debbie Jones Memorial Scholarship for 2019. Life Credit Union’s scholarship will be awarded to a deserving high school senior with plans to pursue higher education in the fall of 2019.
Who was Debbie Jones?
This scholarship was established to honor Debbie Jones, who was a visionary board member, a faithful supporter and long-time member of Life Credit Union. She served on the Life Credit Union Board of Directors for eleven years and as Board Chairman for six years. Debbie exemplified the true credit union spirit of “people helping people.” We would like to honor the life of Debbie Jones and celebrate her commitment to service on behalf of Life Credit Union and its members. This scholarship was first introduced in 2018.
- Total award: $1,500
- All applications must be received no later than Friday, June 3, 2019.
- Application available online or visit the branch for an application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the applicant must have earned a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grade scale.
These are the current requirements:
- Applicant is a member or dependent child of a member of Life CU. (A dependent child is defined as a naturally born/legally adopted child, a stepchild and/or a legal ward supported principally by the parent or guardian).
- *Life CU Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee, Scholarship Committee Members, employees, and dependents of those listed, are not eligible to participate.
- Applicant must be a high school senior planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four year college, university, or vocational/technical institute.
- Applicant must have earned a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grade scale.
On the application, you must include:
- A description of your extracurricular activities. Please include clubs, athletics, religious organizations, and community-related activities. Identify positions of leadership held with each activity, if applicable. You may attach an extra sheet if you need more space.
- At least one letter of reference.
- A signature by a school counselor/principal certifying the grade point average.
- An official transcript of your grades.
- An essay (minimum 250 words) which names a person you admire, and explains why you admire them.
Yes. We provide Student Loans in partnership with Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae also offers access to their scholarship search tool, which includes over 3 million scholarship opportunities!
No. In fact, we encourage you to explore other funding options first, and then use a student loan to pay the rest, if needed. Be sure to search out scholarship opportunities and grants, since you won't ever need to repay those. To get started, we recommend exploring Sallie Mae's college planning section. We also encourage you to apply for Life CU's own scholarship.
We offer our members access to Sallie Mae's Scholarship Search tool, which boasts more than 3 million scholarship options.Get details