Yes, the applicant must have earned a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grade scale.
These are the current requirements:
- Applicant is a member or dependent child of a member of Life CU. (A dependent child is defined as a naturally born/legally adopted child, a stepchild and/or a legal ward supported principally by the parent or guardian).
- *Life CU Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee, Scholarship Committee Members, employees, and dependents of those listed, are not eligible to participate.
- Applicant must be a high school senior planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four year college, university, or vocational/technical institute.
- Applicant must have earned a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grade scale.
Get a copy of the scholarship application or visit the Scholarship page.
On the scholarship application, you must include:
- A description of your extracurricular activities. Please include clubs, athletics, religious organizations, and community-related activities. Identify positions of leadership held with each activity, if applicable. You may attach an extra sheet if you need more space.
- At least one letter of reference.
- A signature by a school counselor/principal certifying the grade point average. (Not required this year 2020)
- An official transcript of your grades. (If a final transcript is not available by the scholarship deadline, the
most recent available transcript is acceptable.)
- An essay (minimum 250 words) which names a person you admire, and explains why you admire them.
Yes. We provide Student Loans in partnership with Sallie Mae.
Sallie Mae also offers access to their scholarship search tool, which includes over 3 million scholarship opportunities!